New! The schedule (with updates as of January 25) is now available here. This schedule does not show some slight changes, specifically:
- Maria Naumova unfortunately cannot attend. The schedule on Sunday afternoon will be adjusted slightly.
- Francois Legare and Heiner Friedrich have traded places relative to the schedule linked to above.
- Yifeng Jiang’s talk will be presented by Kamil Krawczyk.
All on-campus locations are shown on the Banff Centre campus map.
- Saturday, February 9: Most participants are expected to arrive and check in during the afternoon and evening. Check in is at the Professional Development Centre, with short-term parking in front and long-term parking next door. You’ll need to check in to get a permit if you want to park on site. We’ll have a conference registration desk in the Max Bell Building where you can pick up your badge, or you can wait to do it the next morning. We’ll aim to have someone at or near the desk through most of the afternoon.
If you’re looking for other participants at dinner time, try the Maclab Bistro in the Kinnear Centre.
If you want to go off-site for dinner, you might want to make reservations, as things can get very busy on Saturday evening. The Banff Centre staff has recommended the Maple Leaf Grille and Lounge, the Park Distillery Restaurant and Bar, and Chuck’s Steakhouse Ltd.
- Sunday, February 10: On-site meal service (breakfast and lunch) commences. The first talks will be on Sunday morning in the Max Bell Building.
Posters may be put up. They will be in an area immediately adjacent to the coffee break area immediately
in front of the auditorium to encourage discussion throughout the conference.
- Monday, February 11: Talks continue all day, followed by the poster session. We have access to the poster session room throughout Monday and Tuesday, so you can feel free to put up your poster early and take it down the next day. Before the poster session we will have a “Poster Jam Session” in which each poster presenter delivers a one-slide presentation. We will be collecting those slides in digital format before the Jam Session so we don’t have to switch computers between people. We’d like to request all poster presenters to email their one-slide presentations to Bryan Reed (you should already have the email address) as soon as possible and certainly before noon on February 11.
- Tuesday, February 11-12: Talks continue through the morning, leaving a free afternoon for extended discussion and group outings into some of Banff’s amazing outdoor recreation opportunities, including several ski resorts and Sulphur Mountain, which you can do either as a hike (if the trails are icy you might want to get traction devices for your shoes, which are sold at many outdoor supply stores in town), or as a gondola ride, or both.
- Wednesday, February 13: Talks continue through the morning. On-site meal service ends with lunch.